Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday morning shout-out to all the lawyers out there

One of my oldest friends is in her last year of law school. Today she sent me this email.
I just thought I should let you know that I am done with my finals. I just need to print my last one and hand it in before noon. It was a long hard road culminating in a race to the finish in a 19 hour long computer lab/kitchen table session. The villagers were angry. The sea was rough. And in the end, there could only be one winner between my exam and me. It was a hard fought battle ending at 3am and to the victor would go the spoils. And the victor was me!!

All last night I dreamed of disabled international people who wanted to develop real estate in order to leave it in a pour over will with their heirs and assigns as beneficiaries.

So cute. <3

9 comments:

Lydia Sharp said...

Congrats to her! What an accomplishment.

JES said...

Lawyers generally get a bad rap; there may be as many lawyer jokes as ethnic and blonde jokes put together. But the ones I know (The Missus works with lawyers) are all smart and funny as heck, and can write up a storm. Good to know there's another of that ilk joining the roster.

IANAL. And yet, no kidding, the word-verif thingum for this comment is: jures.

Leona said...

that's awesome. I love people with a sense of humor.

catdownunder said...

I take it the Law Lords have now retired to consider their verdict? I trust she will be successful.

jessjordan said...

*cringe. This brings back SO many law school memories. Wills and Estates exam of some kind, I take it. :)

Maria said...

Good for her!

It took me years after getting through med school before I wasn't dreaming of crazy things like: all the street signs in my city being changed over to the names of the bones of the hand and feet.

Or...dreaming that I was in an unfamiliar building and of course, naked and late for an important exam.

Shit. I STILL have that one from time to time.

CKHB said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Tell her not to go to a big firm... well, maybe it's only SOME big firms that suck. Sigh.

Briane P said...

Good luck to her; if she's as smart as her writing she'll be a heck of a lawyer.

jalexissmith said...

hehe very cute :)