Wednesday, October 07, 2009

To Dream the Impossible Dream of a Red Chamber (Movie Mash-Up Contest Winner!)

At last! After much deliberating, the Rally Monkey has decided on the winner of the Movie Mash-Up Contest!

Now here's the thing. There were some really, really funny entries... like, hundreds of them. We peed ourselves laughing. This meant we were unable to easily narrow down the list. Also, alas, I put the Rally Monkey in charge of judging, which means that I didn't get to pressure him into selecting some I thought were *really* funny.

Thank you everyone for the awesome submissions!

And without further ado, our finalists, alphabetical by title:

Bridge over the River Kwai, the Beloved Country (dylan)

Bridget Jones' Diary of a Mad Black Woman (Jessica)

The Forty-Year-Old Virgin Suicides (Cindy)

Fun with Dick and Jane Eyre (dylan)

The Grapes of Wrath of Khan (annerallen)

He's Just Not That Into You, Me, and Dupree (Dawn VanderMeer)

The King and I, Robot (The Imperfect)

Twelve Angry Men in Tights (holyspigot)

Wonder Boyz in the Hood (Cat)

You Got Served My Dinner with Andre (Penelope Wright)

In third place:

The Full Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Cindy)

In second place:

Gorillas in the Mystic Pizza (H.L. Dyer)

and finally, in first place, our grand prize winner of a pan of brownies:

Man of La Manchurian Candidate (B. Nagel)

26 comments:

CKHB said...

Well done, contestants. Well done.

Chris Eldin said...

AHAHAHAHH! These were all very funny!
Congrats!
:-)

Ann Victor said...

haha - each one was funnier than the last!

Linda said...

Ha-ha-ha! So funny, great way to start out Hump Day.

I missed this contest. Pooey.

Congrats to all. Loved that grand prize winner. Peace, Linda

_*Rachel*_ said...

This was wonderful. Make it annual?

It is sad--I found your blog a day after the polls closed.

Cindy said...

Lol, what a fun game! Congrats to B. Nagel--great name!

Charles Gramlich said...

Very inventive.

Alex Green said...

Yeah, B! Holy cow! First place!

B. Nagel said...

Whoa. That's some pretty stiff competition. Thanks RM. (The check is in the mail. wink)

I love picturing the Twelve Angry Men in Tights.

moonrat said...

B--email me and let me know if you want the brownies or you prefer a book, and also where to send them!

Sarah Laurenson said...

This contest was so much fun - mostly in reading all the great entries. I don't envy the Rally Monkey and his tough judging job.

Congrats to all!

JEM said...

If I had known food was involved, I would have been all over this.

Bridge over the River Kwai, the Beloved Country was definitely my favorite. Awesome!

dylan said...

Congratulations to B. Nagel

If it had been up to me to award prizes based on hilarity, you'd have had to open a bakery.

Rally Monkey also deserves brownie points for conceiving and judging this fun contest.

dylan

Dawn VanderMeer said...

Hee! Thanks for the fun! ;)

Melanie Avila said...

These are awesome -- I want more!

holyspigot said...

The Bridge over River Kwai started me laughing, and I was hurting myself by the time I got to the 1st prize winner.

That was great fun! Thank you!

SM Schmidt said...

Congrats to the winners! I second (or third at this point maybe) the notion of having this be an annual thing! It was a great way to kick off the week.

Sarita said...

Nice. :) My favorite was Twelve Angry Men in Tights.

Penelope Wright said...

Hooray! I'm so thrilled to have been a finalist. My coworkers kept wondering why I was doubled over in tears at my desk all day.

It's a good thing they like me, I did like, zero work that day.

Kate said...

Well done to everyone =)

Ebony McKenna. said...

They were so funny, thank you for the huge laughs. (I put my coffee down first before reading. See - I am learning!)

Christy Pinheiro, EA ABA said...

Ha!!!! The Grapes of Wrath of Khan?? Priceless!

The Imperfect said...

Woohoo, thanks to you guys for picking one of mine as a finalist, and congrats to the winners! I'm going to be referring back to that entry and giggling over it for weeks.

annerallen said...

Ooooh, I made finalist! I'm definitely jazzed. Thanks Moonrat. Christy P, too. I don't know how you decided. My faves were the brownie-winner (had me laughing till I cried) and 12 Angry Men in Tights. This was one of the most fun contests ever.

James Klousia said...

I know it's a bit late, but I just found a great one:

Where the Girls Gone Wild Things Are

Rick Daley said...

Moonrat-

I just saw this Photoshop challenge on Fark and thought you and Rally Monkey might get a kick out of it. Same theme as your movie mash-up:

http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4746293