Monday, May 18, 2009

you gotta have friends

[on phone to typesetter]

YT: I'm sending you corrections for BOOK TITLE today. It's super important we turn these around as quickly as possible.

Typesetter: Well, I'm currently up to my ears on HUGE PROJECT for your colleague. That was due at the printer last week

YT: Well... Maybe you could, you know, find a couple hours for me.

Typesetter: [huuuuge sigh] I'll sneak you in.

YT: You're my best friend.

Typesetter: You're my b**** goddess.

YT: I'll have you know I'm choosing to take that as a compliment.

Typesetter: What else would it have been, my dear?

6 comments:

Ann Victor said...

There is flattery in friendship...

Miriam S.Forster said...

Harhar... Only a friend could get away with saying something like that.

Jo said...

I'm a former B**** Goddess and let me say there is no higher form of flattery between friendly women.

BuffySquirrel said...

*snarf*

cindy said...

heee! we all bow down to the b goddess!!!

Linda said...

Ha! I'll have to correct my friends - they've been leaving the Goddess part off... Peace, Linda