Thursday, March 12, 2009

things i've read recently that i haven't had time to blog about

THE BRIEF WONDROUS LIFE OF OSCAR WAO, Junot Diaz
THE PROFESSOR AND THE MADMAN, Simon Winchester
INHERITANCE, Lan Samantha Chang
WHY ARE ALL THE BLACK KIDS SITTING TOGETHER IN THE CAFETERIA?, Beverly Daniel Tatum
WHAT HAPPENED TO ANNA K., Irina Reyn
THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM WOMEN WHO'VE DUMPED ME, ed Ben Karlin
THE TWELVE, or GHOSTS OF BELFAST, Stuart Neville
THE SAVAGE DETECTIVES, Roberto Bolano


sooo many things to say; hope i'll get around to them shortly.

6 comments:

angelle said...

yay u finally read oscar wao! <3 <3 <3

also, curious about what you're going to say about savage detectives. i told u i couldn't get thru it right?

Chris Eldin said...

Stuart's book is out? Wait!!!! I want to read it too!

Dennis Cass said...

Love that OSCAR WAO.

Andromeda Romano-Lax said...

Currently reading Oscar Wao. Promise not to read your review until I finish it, Moonie.

Caito said...

I never comment on almost any of the blogs I read, but I thought you publishing types might enjoy this comic:

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/3/9/

Criss said...

I just finished reading OSCAR WAO. Loved it! Strange, but lovable. :P

Also, I'm waiting SAVAGE DETECTIVES to arrive. I asked my dad to send me a Spanish copy (directly from Chile! Yes, I'm being snobby and showing off).

Some of the other titles on your list intrigue me. I shall have to look into them.