Thursday, January 29, 2009

WaPo

Much has been said already about the passing of the print version of Waashington Post Book World, and I'm afraid I don't have much intelligent to add.

But I did want to say... I love you, Book World. I love you on a personal basis--you've done me the favor of many nice reviews--and I love you as a source for book news. Thank you for everything over these many years, and here's hoping whatever new form your reviews take, they are good for both you (reviewers) and us (readers) and us (publishers).

5 comments:

Susan said...

It was the best part of the Post, and some weeks the *only* part. God I hate to see the book reviews going from one paper after another.

ORION said...

awwwww...I'm bummed. I LOVED book world...

Kim Kasch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Kasch said...

Wait a minute, is it "passing" away? Or just passing to the electronic version?

Jeanie W said...

They'll be dividing the book news and reviews between other sections of the paper - just like they did with the Arts section. There are nowhere near as many art reviews as there were when arts had its own section. The entire newspaper is getting quite thin. Soon we will have to call it a newsletter.