Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Morning Indie Rock Moment

A long time ago, I posted a link to Wormburner and apologized that there was only one video for them on youtube. They were way, way way under the radar.

Wormburner--The Little Things

Last night, I saw them live at the Yule Dogs concert (a bunch of indie bands who come together to sing Christmas songs once a year) and they made a big announcement--they heard themselves being played on mainstream radio last week. Woohoo! How exciting! Maybe soon other people will have heard of them, too!

Or try this one, if you want another video--Astronauts.

9 comments:

moonrat said...

for the sake of full disclosure, i should mention here i have a huge crush on the lead singer, who the rally monkey thinks looks like the dad from the brady bunch.

joshua said...

hmmm... i'd never heard of wormburner before, but i must say that lyrically, they're superior to a lot of mainstream bands out there. I especially like 'words hung like smoke above our heads'. Great instincts, moonrat - except for the lead singer bit... i can't really identify with you on that point.

- josh

moonrat said...

oh come on. he's SEXY!! it's ok, you don't have to admit it.

Miriam S.Forster said...

Ooo, new music. I shall have to show this to my husband, who is my guru of all things indie. (I don't often get to show him a new band.)

Kate Lord Brown said...

Excellent Moonie - astronauts reminds me of 'Runaround' (fave 90s Blues Traveler track). The lead singer has something ... takes guts to wear white Evil Knievel slacks.

Ali said...

I found all kinds of Wormburner on Napster. Thanks for the heads up, based on the first half of the first song I've listened to so far, they're just my style.

Pamala Knight said...

Teehee! That's a perfectly legitimate reason to follow a band, Moonie. Lead singer crush-itis is a time-honored tradition among those of us who are not musically inclined. It's the hedonistic fallacy of rock and roll. I like the way he looks which is good, and I like the way he sings/plays/sounds/etc., therefore he must sing/play/sound good. All wrapped up in a neat catholic school girl-like bow.

Great song, though.

Anonymous said...

This is an insurance portal that covers most major lines of insurance companies.

Anonymous said...

Mortgage-mart.com has been online since 1995, helping people find the american home mortgage that best suits their needs.