Thursday, September 25, 2008

yet ANOTHER one for the Mischief!!!!

I don't think we've had an Editorial Mischief announcement in... well, a couple of days, so I guess we were ripe for a book sale!! Or even a two-book deal!!

Congratulations, Christy, long-time Ed Ass visitor! I couldn't be happier.
Christy Raedeke’s PROPHECY OF DAYS, pitched as a YA Da Vinci Code relating to the Mayan calendar which mysteriously ends in 2012, in which a teen, with the help of a gorgeous Scottish lad, must figure out her role in a cryptic prophecy while trying to outwit a secret society that will stop at nothing to control her, to Andrew Karre at Flux, in a nice deal, in a two-book deal, for publication in Summer 2010, by Laura Rennert at Andrea Brown Literary Agency (NA).

You crazy kids, with all your mischief lately. Keep 'em coming!!

11 comments:

Precie said...

Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations, Christy!

Conduit said...

I'm not sure I've had the pleasure of meeting Christy Raedeke online, but congratulations!

ehadams23 said...

Congrats! Sounds like a fun read.

Aerin said...

I get the feeling, moonie, you're some kind of good luck charm, but I want to be careful about suggesting that lest the unpublished unagented population starts targeting your feet as good luck (a la rabbit's feet....).

Disco Mermaids said...

Woo-Hoo for CR! Thank you for posting this, EA! It's a very well-deserved deal, for sure.

And, Conduit, Christy is a fabulous writer, friend, and beautiful person in general. I highly recommend getting to know her!

Eve

Christy Raedeke said...

Ah, what nice comments, thanks so much!

And Conduit, I may be considered more of a "stalker" than a "contributor" in the Mischief. I come for my daily read, but don't always comment. Matter of fact, I've been stalking you as well--I believe I credit your blog on mine for the Workspace Wednesday meme you started back in May...

Apologies for taking more than I contribute on this site, but I'm a plebe with not that much to offer!

Thanks again, Moonrat for making me feel so cozy in your den of rats.

pacatrue said...

Do I have to actually write a book to get an agent / publishing deal, or can I just continue hanging out here? The latter seems a lot easier.

Congrats Christy!

writtenwyrdd said...

Sounds like a good read, too. Congratulations!

cindy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

how exciting!!

another one for the mischief!!!

cindy said...

also, nostradamous said the world ends in 2012, too.

how many books can i get published before then? world, please don't end!!

Mary said...

The book sounds great. Congratulations, Christy!