Tuesday, August 05, 2008

one more for the Mischief!

Stuart Neville (aka Conduit) has sold his debut novel, THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST, to Harvill Secker (a very fine literary imprint at Random House UK) in a two book deal!! That means they love him double.

Check out his book page for a) a trailer for this thrilling thriller set in Northern Ireland, and b) an idea of what a great author web page looks like. Then you can go congratulate him on his blog.

I read the "jacket copy" when he entered my contest in January and boy was I, personally, sold. Unfortunately, I haven't read the novel yet myself, but Stuart has promised to send me a copy of the manuscript when it's all done with editorial. Actually, he hasn't, but this is a kind of form of public extortion. Pretty pretty please, Conduit? No pressure, just kidding. Sort of.

One more success for the Editorial Mischief.

11 comments:

cindy said...

GO STUART!

GO MISCHIEFS!!

GO YUE SHU!!!

GO PRALINES!!!

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah. Good news.

Sherri said...

Woo!

Read the excerpt, it's great. Now I'll go tell Conduit.

Precie said...

Yay!!!!

Natalie said...

Yay, what lovely news! Congratulations!

Jaye Wells said...

Excellent! Congrats to Conduit!!

Merry Monteleone said...

Yay, Stuart!!! I'll pop over there now - I've been waiting to hear he's had a deal for a while now, I think we all knew it couldn't be far off.

ChrisEldin said...

Awesome news!!!!!
I've been waiting for his book to get published--nice to see another one of the Mischief make it!!!!
:-)

pacatrue said...

Woot to Conduit

Conduit said...

Thanks, everyone!

Moonrat - I'm sure we can arrange something. :)

Jolie said...

Hail to the mischief!