Saturday, August 16, 2008

oh man. i just shouldn't be allowed to watch this crap.

Can you tell me you DIDN'T cry when you saw Michael Phelps's mom cheering for Jason Lezak?

"Come on Jason. Come on Jason. Come on Jason. Come on Jason. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah."

So cute.

Also, why isn't everyone celebrating Jason Lezak? *I'm* celebrating him. Come on Jason. Yaaaah!


Charles Gramlich said...

I've only been able to watch smidgens of the Olympics.

Sprizouse said...

Debbie Phelps was my Home Ec. teacher back in 8th grade (17 years ago).

She was a super sweet lady back then, even though I was a terrible student. I gave undercooked chicken to one of my best friends, hoping he'd get salmonella... seemed like a funny idea to me at the time, but Ms. Phelps took it easy on me and didn't punish me (obviously she understood that 13-year-old boys are idiots).

Like I said, nice lady.

angelle said...

i was awoken this morning by my dad who slammed my door open and went "michael phelps is about to win his 8th medal! wake up and watch!" and practically dragged me to the television while i was still bleary eyed and groping for my glasses.

more than half of the gold medals the us have won have been because of phelps! isnt that crazy?

Jennifer L. Griffith said...

Yay, JASON! I'm proud of Michael, but the others are lost in his enormous WAKE! I'm proud to hear Michael say, and say it often, that he couldn't have done it without his teammates!

Amie Stuart said...

Angelle......I still remember the 84 Olympics (and I don't EVEN want to say how long ago that was) so this year I've made it a real point to watch with my kid *sigh*