Sunday, August 03, 2008

I spoke recently with sarcasm about ambient weddings

But today one of my very dear friends is tying that most famous of knots, and I am so very happy for her that I'm kind of giddy.

I know she'll probably read this post at some point, so I won't embarrass her (too much). But let me say that her little romance story is one to soften even those of us with rock-hard hearts. It involves love at first sight, secret engagements, and tried-and-true support systems that have gotten them together through the most trying of external adversities. After years of love and loyalty, they're having what's probably the prettiest and most cleverly planned wedding ever held in the greater New York area. (Oh, one slipup in planning, hun. You invited the rally monkey. Gosh only knows what monkeys get up to at weddings.)

Happy Anniversary :)


Charles Gramlich said...

This post brought a smile. Glad to hear these kinds of stories. Lana and I have one somewhat similar.

moonrat said...

ooo, charles!! you must share one day!

angelle said...

so many weddings recently!!! i want to be married!=( haha

writtenwyrdd said...

I am glad to hear about happy weddings and HEA, despite the fact that I am probably the least romantic gal ever and couldn't make myself spend money on a dress I'll only wear once, lol. Best wishes to the happy couple!

ChrisEldin said...

Congratulations to your friend! What delicious details you include (and leave out!)