Saturday, May 24, 2008

on second thought, having paid an initial visit to the laundromat

I think that "The Bluest Eyes in Texas" by Restless Heart is a more appropriate Saturday morning song choice.

However, I suggest that instead of singing along with THAT heartbreaking chorus, we can perhaps substitute these lyrics (this only takes a little cooperation from you):

A hamper the size of Texas
Is taunting me tonight
Like the stars that fill the midnight sky
Smelly socks fill my mind
(Where did I go wrong?)
Did I wait too long?
Or can I make them white?
(I wish I'd done a cold wash
'Cuz now my pants are tight)


Merry Monteleone said...

Very nice, moonie...

Now I'll have your laundry song stuck in my head all day...

Oh, to get the socks white, use hot water, bleach and detergent, and leave the machine open for a half hour to let them soak in the bleach for a while before running.

cindy said...

haha! i remember those nyc laundromat days. do you have a wheelie to push your dirty clothes around like a grandma? i did. good luck getting some gray socks and clean knickers back!

Charles Gramlich said...

that song will bring you down to earth.

Aimless Writer said...

I'm getting a visual of socks...thanks for that.
Just throw them out and buy new ones. This way you don't have to do the laundry and you get to go shopping.
Happy weekend.

Julie Weathers said...

Oh, my gosh! What did you do wrong to get banished to a Laundromat?

The last memorable time I went I got to witness my African Laundry Warriors. I was so traumatized I didn't do laundry for two weeks.

However, this was a cute song, so perhaps it's just the muse gods giving you fodder.

Travis Erwin said...

Nicely done but here in Texas the aroma comes from cow manure not smelly socks.