Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sonnet by Precie

Good morning!! Start it off with this fabulous sonnet by Precie. Bonus points awarded for Shakespearian mimicry.


Shakespeare's Sister Moon
by Precie


Shall I compare you to a city street?

You are more lively, vibrant, brilliant.

Shall I compare you to a piece of meat?

Your words are far more filling masticant.

Shall I compare you to the sun so bright?

Your wisdom glows and glitters beyond age,

Dazzling and inspiring, day and night.

How deft your fingers dance across each page.

From humble youth your reputation grows,

Despite pub trials, graphic and gory.

Nor shall Rob-Publisher sink you in woes

Without compensation to your glory.

So long as blogosphere exists and thrives,

So long shall none compare to your cool jives.

5 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

Ooooooh, Precie, this is delighful!

Ello said...

Heh heh, I love comparing you to a piece of meat!

Great job Precie!

Merry Monteleone said...

Now that you mention it, I don't think the 'piece of meat' comparison would've gone over so well if Precie was a guy... especially after the previous post about jackass boys.

I loved it Precie!!! Shakespeare would swoon.

Church Lady said...

Very nice, dahling!!
:-)

Hélène Boudreau said...

My favourite:

>>Shall I compare you to a piece of meat?

>>Your words are far more filling masticant.

ROFL!!