Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!!

My baby is here!! Fresh off the press, jacket glittering with gold foil stamp, beautiful cream-colored pages just BURSTING with that new book smell!!

"Emily" is my "first baby"--the first book I acquired at my new job to make it to press. How long I have desired to cradle her in my arms and fondly turn her nicely guttered pages and feast my eyes on her demure running heads and admire her graceful dingbats!! How rewarding to hear others coo over your baby and tell you how beautiful she is!! Because she is!! She's THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY in the world!!!

Incidentally, MOD came off the press today, too, and doesn't look half bad.

Also, don't forget the contest, please.

11 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Ahhhh!!!!

Jen said...

Coochee-Coo!

Congrats!

Froog said...

Congrats on the happy delivery.

MOD sounds more like a Rosemary's Baby/Omen kind of deal where all your neighbourhood Satanists are suddenly coming round to be your friend.

I haven't forgotten about your competition, but.... sonnets are hard, dammit. Haiku take me a few minutes, at most. Short free verse compositions not much longer. But sonnets - Christ, they take days.....

While we are talking of competitions, I wonder if could urge upon your other readers this frivolity of mine - the the 'possible band names' game I initiated on my Barstool blog the other week. Just give me a list of suitable (the cheesier the better) names for rock or pop groups. I will have a prize of some sort - though it will probably just be a very nice compliment, rather than a hugely valuable collector's item 'Robert The Publisher' T-shirt.

angelle said...

congrats, dear. i can't wait to see it for myself.

Precie said...

YAY!!! Welcome to the world, Emily!!! You won't be the only, but you will always be the firstborn!

Sarah Hina said...

Oh, sweet, sweet sensation...I'm so happy for you!!

Savor this moment. They grow up, and lose their shine, so fast. ;)

Congratulations!!!

Conduit said...

Just remember, in sixteen years it'll be back-talking you, staying out late with boys, and then coming home drunk to puke on the carpet.

Congrats. :)

TUMBLEWEED said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shameless said...

I hope it gives lots of people lots of LATE nights! :-)lol

booklady said...

Congratulations! Glad you're so pleased with how it turned out. Hope it does well for you.

Church Lady said...

It may be cute now, but just wait.

Pretty soon it'll want a couple of dog-ears to fit in with the crowd. And that's just the beginning. Highlighting, hanging around by the toilet, sopping up coffee spills--you'll see......

:-)

Congratulations!!! Times like this I wish we could see your actual book.