Saturday, December 29, 2007

you have seven new messages.

The Aunda got the day of our return home wrong, apparently. A transcript of my mother's voicemail:



[Friday, 6 pm]

"[Mooooooooooom's name].

[Mom's name], Aunda Connie call. You call-a me?

[Mooooooooooom's name]. You call-a Aunda Connie?

Tank-a you."



[Friday, 7 pm]

"[Mooooooooooooom's name].

[Mooooooooooom's name], Aunda Connie call. Call-a me.

You come-a home? Call-a me."



[Friday, 8 pm]

"[Mooooooooooom's name].

Aunda Connie call. You call-a me? Call-a Aunda Connie.

[Moooooooooooom's name]. Call Aunda Connie.

Tank-a you."



[Friday, 9 pm]

[in a controversial move, she changes tactics (it's become clear at this point that my mother is ignoring her)]

"[Daaaaaaaaad's name],

Aunda Connie call. You call-a me back?

Aunda Connie call.

Every-ting all-a right?

Quando you come home?

Call-a Aunda Connie."

9 comments:

Church Lady said...

Welcome back a-you!!!
:-)

Will you be posting photos?

Colorado Writer said...

Glad to see you made it back! How was it? Did you use a computer? Did you eat anything good? How was the family time?

jalexissmith said...

thank goodness you are back. see you monday! (wellll can't blame me for trying.... come?)

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, welcome back. Hope you had fun.

Ello said...

Welcome back!! I hope you had a great time and am waiting eagerly for stories and details!!!

ORION said...

Welcome back - Ha ha ha ha ha! CRASH!!! sorry that sound you heard was my ass dropping to the floor...

Wayne said...

Hope-a You Have-a a Happy-a New-a Year-a!

Absolute Vanilla (& Atyllah) said...

You have to admire her persistence! ;-)

writtenwyrdd said...

I hope you had a great trip. I look forward to hearing about the trip-- hint, hint.