Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pumpkin Pie

In honor of Thanksgiving, pumpkins, and other wonderful things, Cakespy posted this awesome write-up about the history of pumpkin pie, complete with a step-by-step recipe for your own pie and crust.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (at least, at the moment), because in many ways I believe it's the purest holiday Americans celebrate--it's about eating ourselves silly, with no religious pretexts. You know how I feel about food, so I'm planning on incapacitating myself tomorrow and probably won't make it back to the computer until Friday or so. Happy Thanksgiving!!

12 comments:

gemellen said...

enjoy yr day! i totally agree about t-giving being the bestest.

Church Lady said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Why Moonrat, I just discovered you and it appears you are approaching a birthday for your blog (- or has it past?)

That deserves a celebration and maybe some cake (and gin).

KT

Froog said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Moonrat.

Sorry I was a bit late pitching in here (been out of Internet access for a few days), but it's the thought that counts, right?

I look forward to pictures of your pumpkin pie and soundbites of the Italian-American banter around your table.

Ello said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Time to eat until we explode!

The Anti-Wife said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Conduit said...

A belated Happy Thanksgiving from me too. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Hope you enjoyed your day and are not in a food coma. I'm actually making my turkey tomorrow when my son will be out.

Anonymous said...

But if there is no 'religious pretext' then who are we supposed to be giving thanks to? Ourselves? Each other? It is definitely a holiday based on religion.

moonrat said...

in my family, we just eat. WE are unencumbered by religious pretext, at least.

Cakespy said...

Thank you for the mention! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving too :-)

Maria said...

Ah, I read this after the day, so was too stuffed of everything to even contemplate looking things up.

I'm just relieved to be DONE with my family for awhile....