Wednesday, October 17, 2007

some quick morning news

mostly via Gawker.

First, one of JK Rowling's boobs escaped her dress during an interview.

Second, some Manhattan lawyer is suing the florist who handled her wedding for $400,000 in "extreme disappointment, distress, and embarrassment" damages because the hydrangeas on her banquet tables were pastel pink and green, not RUST and green like she had chosen. The entire florist's bill was ["only"] $27,435.14 [approximately $25,435.14 more than my wedding is going to cost] but the rest of money is in psychological trauma damages.

Right.

6 comments:

cyn said...

there are advantages to being as flat as a boy. haha!

Precie said...

Yowza on that neckline.

Is that perhaps her, uh, subtle way of breaking out of the YA genre?

Sorry. Probably not that funny.

As for the flowers thing...I can't say something nice so...

Maprilynne said...

*Sigh* Why is the J.K. Rowling thing considered news worth printing? I just don't care that her neckline lost it's elasticity. I would hate to have something like that constantly on my mind when I was doing readings.

Ello said...

Ha ha on JK Rowling's titty splitty. But can't believe that makes news.

And oh boy on that Manhattan lawyer. As if we don't have enough reasons to hate a lawyer and she's gotta go and add reason 10 bazillion and 64.

Church Lady said...

I'm a titty gal, so I like that picture. There's enough room for a floral bouquet.
JK could've kept the posies fresh.

(okay, It's just before bed and I'm over my 'mother' posts. I'll be in a weird state for a bit)

Merry Jelinek said...

On the JK thing - if I had that cleavage, I'd wear that dress... and the photographer was likely a guy.

On the flourist thing - obviously the wrong color posies is distressing enough to be compensated hundreds of thousands of dollars... if you think that's bad, imagine how her husband dreads the thought of divorce settlements...