Thursday, October 04, 2007

belatedly, in response to Kaytie's comment on serial

Kaytie (whose extremely adorable dog you will see if you click that link) commented on my serialization post that she doesn't upload any of her own unpublished writing because she's afraid of what will happen if older versions are still circulating of something that has become more polished.

Such a good point... which reminds me of a favorite quote of mine by some famous author I can't remember that goes something like this:

Publishing a novel is like meticulously packing a single suitcase for a long trip with all your most precious and sacred personal belongings, then dragging the suitcase into the middle of a busy road, unzipping it, and walking away.


(If anyone can fill in source or verbatim quote, I will be very grateful to you for making me an honest woman.)

Such a good point. We're self-sacrificing exhibitionists, we are.

1 comment:

Kaytie M. Lee said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Moxie is so adorable that tourists ask to take pictures of her at the park. She's a little pop star.

Also, I do appreciate it when authors excerpt their published work on their sites.