Tuesday, September 11, 2007

11:19, down half a bottle of wine

I'm breaking out a manuscript to work on. I've realized this week, as I kicked my ass (notice the unusually low number of blog posts during the working day?! It's because I've been...uh...what do they call it...WORKING!), that there is way too much to get done in the day.

I want to be a dedicated professional and if I want to go anywhere in my life I'm going to have to start applying myself more magnanimously than I have been thus far. For, you see, there is really endless work that could be done--endless manuscripts to read, endless numbers of times to go over edits, endless Web sites to troll for new authors, endless bloggers to stalk. So I am going to start working in the evenings. Every. Night. I might make an office in the spare room. When I can afford a desk. Or a chair.

I also have this pan of brownies, which is both good and bad.

3 comments:

angelle said...

hmm. i'm not sure how i feel about that...

Maprilynne said...

No, you having the brownies is bad. Very bad.

Because it means I don't have them!:)

moonrat said...

man, these are really good brownies. it's the same ghiradelli brand. i might have gone to the supermarket and bought, uh, one or two (or four) more boxes...