Saturday, August 04, 2007

Richard Belzer is amazing.


I know that he has made his entire career out of playing only Detective John Munch (check out his rap sheet), but I just feel we need to take this moment and appreciate how truly awesome Richard Belzer is.

What about the episode of Law & Order tonight where they're trying to figure out who put a little girl in a coma? Richard is one of the only actors I've ever seen who can tear up that naturally and that masculinely. You go, Munchy. You rock my world.

The rally monkey takes a poll: who thinks he'll have Det. Munch printed on his tombstone?

4 comments:

moonrat said...

update: It's like "the best of Richard Belzer" SVU marathon tonight. Just now, he arrested a deaf woman and he still managed to say "You have the right to remain silent." Awesome, Richard. Awesome.

Live@theGrouchoClub said...

Plus, have you seen his stand-up comedy from back in the 70s? He was hilarious.

moonrat said...

Damn. No. I wonder if that's up on youtube.

Live@theGrouchoClub said...

Ok, It was the 80s and 90s I guess, anyway...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpSs18Yr2PQ