Sunday, August 12, 2007

my mother is visiting this afternoon.

The rally monkey & I fixed her a plate of leftovers from last night, and then after that some coffee and leftover apple crumb pie.

She eats the apple pie while I show her pictures from the party. She sees the picture of the pecan pie and says, "Wait, there's pecan pie? I want THAT."

I cut her a piece of pecan pie. Halfway through eating it, she puts down her fork and says, "Wait. This has nuts in it."

"It's pecan pie, Ma," I say. "Of course it has nuts in it."

"I can't eat nuts. The doctor says so. They give me minor hemorrhoids."

"All right," I say. "You asked for pecan pie. You didn't think it was going to have nuts in it?"

"I forgot," she says. "Are you making fun of me in your blog now?"

4 comments:

angelle said...

the one thing i most regret is that i was way too full to eat any of that pecan pie last night. i am SERIOUSLY regretting that today.

Live@theGrouchoClub said...

Wow, that was like...metablogging. Very progressive. Very hip.

Rose said...

I love pecan pie. And many many kinds of pie. Although, in fact, I also dislike many kinds of pie that most people love (blueberry, apple, cherry....it's a texture thing). Anyway. Pie is the best.

moonrat said...

you guys all missed the point of the story!!! which is that my mother is ridiculous!!!!