Monday, August 06, 2007

I think I have been drinking too much lately.

For example, I woke up at 8:30 this morning drooling all over Robert the Publisher's leather couch. This was because (if I recall the hazy end of the evening correctly) my coworkers had filled up all the various beds.

The rally monkey, whom I failed to inform that I wasn't going to make it home, was justifiably worried and upset. (In my defense, I'm not sure anyone but the leather couch knew how the evening was going to end.) He suggests that perhaps I should not be allowed to hang out with my coworkers anymore, because obviously they are "much more hardcore" than I am.

Oh god. I have suddenly recalled that there was public karaoke involved. Yikes.

Ok. No more booze for me until...Saturday?! Can't I put it off longer than that? My poor broken body needs time to detox. But my poor broken spirit needs constant affirmation that people are willing to hang out with me, and they're usually more willing to hang out with me when there's alcohol involved. Hmm.


Alice Kildaire said...

haha...this sounds like a lot more than a couple of martinis! Hope you're feeling better.

Space Alien said...

Poor Rally Monkey.

haha I'd go so far as to say I don't think your co-workers are more "hardcore" than you.

Did Robert the Publisher do anything silly and rememberable [if you can remember]. :)

moonrat said...

Hahahaha he wasn't even there. He was out of town.