Thursday, August 23, 2007

I love you, Delete Button

Today I'm editing a manuscript that's too long and rambling.

It started off at 125,000 words. My goal in life is to get it down to AS FEW WORDS AS POSSIBLE!!! by the time I get to the end.

Without, you know, making any "content" cuts.

How I love fun games. They're almost as great as checklists.


Maria said...

Ugh. Editing a manuscript is my idea of torture. Mine, of course. Everyone else's? Well, I can whittle them down to size...but my own? No way?

Kaytie M. Lee said...

I'm a big fan of control-X, myself. Cutting whole chunks is always satisfactory. But then, I actually enjoy editing my own manuscript.

I abhor trying to fill pages with new material.

moonrat said...

I only slash at the creative outpourings of OTHER innocents (hence "editor"). I refuse to edit anything *I* write!!! You people are all much better than I am.

Kaytie M. Lee said...

Oh, I'd slash away at other manuscripts if I had the chance. That sounds like a weird sort of fun.