Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the topic of Harry Potter

seems to have brought undetected readership out of the woodwork. Always a relief. In this environment of sheer mockery (everywhere I go in my office, a cloud of giggling boys from editorial and publicity follows me, whispering jokes about what a dork I am. "Are you jealous that Harry is banging Ron's sister instead of you?" and "Didn't you hear? Harry trips over his own wand and falls off a cliff!! Yeah, horrible ending." Then they giggle like mad. Robert the Publisher gets all flustered and upset and cries, "Why are the giggling boys following us? Are they making fun of me?!!" and I have to say "No, Robert, they're making fun of me, but don't worry, they're just jealous that they'll never have anything in their lives that they love as much and as purely as I love Harry Potter.") I need as much support as I can get.

So for all those of you still reading, I am STILL FUCKING PISSED OFF about Fred. It's three days later and I'm still SEETHING with anger. Not THAT he's dead, just in the execution. Harumph.

2 comments:

angelle said...

i don't understand. how can you work in publishing and not read harry potter? i don't believe that your coworkers don't read harry potter. i don't! i bet they're just ashamed and so are projecting on you. nothing to be ashamed of!!!! i love harry. i don't love harry enough to dress up as a gryffindor and frolick amongst people at the midnight parties, but i love him, and i don't see anything wrong with that!!! and i'm wondering if i should dress up as cho chang for halloween. tee hee.

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.