Monday, May 07, 2007

my botched relationship with blogspot

Dear Reader,

I want to come clean with you. I'm not sure I'm giving you enough to satisfy you as a client--and after all, it's your happiness that is most important here. Writing on the internet is, although a selfish enterprise, one that is inevitably catered toward the random viewer. If I were truly writing "for myself" (as everyone claims to be writing) I would keep a private blog with a lot of securities in place.

But no, I'm an exhibitionist. I WANT to tell you all my most personal stories. Without compromising my family, friends, and enemies. Or alienating or boring my readership. You see how this is a hard line to toe--I want you to know everything, but on the other hand, you don't care about most of the things I want you to know. Hmm.

What to do, what to do. Regale you with embarrassing personal stories, but change all the names? The challenge, of course, being that I have to carry on obscuring details about names, places, and indignant persons. Any suggestions? Anyone have a story they REALLY want told?

Love,

Moonie

No comments: