Friday, May 18, 2007

Chinese history

Joy!! That damn Chinese history book finally came through! I made this offer like two months ago and I thought it was going to go away.

I talked to the author, who was an absolute easygoing joy. He said I should feel free to do whatever I want to the manuscript. That means it was just the British agent that was being an asshole for two months. Blech. I am NEVER working with those people again. They also charge a fortune for their effing offset fees. $6 a page is NOT REASONABLE, people.

I'm so glad. I want to be a serious nonfiction editor. I'm tired of getting sloughed with debut novels.

2 comments:

angelle said...

chinese history eh?

nonfiction is the way to go, apparently. or so i've heard. any kind of non-fiction you're looking to specialize in, in particular?

Ari said...

Yes, what sort of nonfiction?