Monday, May 07, 2007

best plan EVER

After much work (read: three full days on the phone for EACH of us--lucky our places of employ have speed dial!!) Angelle and I finally secured reservations at Babbo. This was finally accomplished by MY going in and ASKING the hostess to dial me through to the reservationist (yes, they officially have someone with that title there). So Melanie, Susan, Angelle, and I will be gorging in style this weekend.

GUESS what I have cleverly done. I have arranged to give blood on Friday morning!! Everyone knows that it takes lots of calories to build up one's blood again after a donation. This means I will be in need of gluttonous amounts of nutrition and the entire tasting menu will be guilt-free!

For those of you upset to see bloodletting in the context of pricing dining, YOU can go do conventional things on a treadmill. Humph.

4 comments:

angelle said...

your posts come into my feeder late! i kept wondering which post it was that you told my sister about because i KNEW it wasn't about robert the publisher being mean...

angelle said...

by the way. i feel like this is supremely unfair and i should do something drastic to justify eating a tasting menu at 11 pm and gorging myself with calories too. maybe i should leave work and WALK down to babbo... several times over.

Bluenana said...

Jealous! I think I will go hit a treadmill.

Alexander said...

Wow, I just use it as an excuse to eat steak, since I need the iron! Thats evil genius right there!