Saturday, November 18, 2006

babies

My brother's in town again. Although he tells me he loves me and wants to spend time with me I suspect that on some more honest level (many levels, perhaps) he is really here to visit my sister. And by my sister I mean her friends. They were never superclose twins, not really even as infants, and then there was that whole 8-18 period where they didn't really interact. When they first started high school (from what I hear) he would blank her when she said hi to him in the halls. Which is particularly funny because they seat the homerooms alphabetically so he spent four years staring at the back of her head for 7 minutes each morning (and then brazenly ignoring her the rest of the day). But now they seem to be getting along famously.

So last night there was a grand plan in which I would meet the babies in the village at 9:30 for DBQ and karaoke. It was great fun sitting at DBQ where we had the fake ID dance with the waitress. I forgot mine, but I'm really 21. I'm sorry, but we need to see ID. He's my twin, but he had to sign his ID into my dorm because he's staying there. I'm sorry. If everyone else had theirs, we could let him by, but not with so many people missing... Etc. How fondly I miss my days at college. In that I'm SO fond that they are missing.

No comments: